To explore the impact of structural barriers and implicit biases on patient care and outcomes, our department invites thought leaders and experts in diversity, equity, and inclusion. Additionally, aware of the obstacles faced by physicians who belong to racial and ethnic populations that are underrepresented in the medical profession, our department recognizes the research, education, and clinical accomplishment of notable URM (underrepresented minority) physicians. This grand round series brings together healthcare professionals to engage in thoughtful discussions, gain practical insights, and inspire action to promote diversity and equity in healthcare delivery, research, and education.
Past Grand Rounds Speakers
- Dr. Judy Gichoya, “Bias in Artificial Intelligence: What’s New in 2023?”
- Dr. Perry Pickhardt, " Opportunistic CT Screening: Adding Value Beyond the Clinical Indication"
- Dr. Kate Lampen-Sachar, "Adverse Outcomes: Coping and Compassion"
- Dr. Efrén Flores, “Health Equity Driving Radiology Care Transformation: The Future is Now”
- Dr. Tina Young Poussaint, “Radiology Care of Transgender and Gender Diverse Patients”
- Dr. Justin T. Stowell, “Pediatric Brain Tumor Imaging Update”
- Dr. W. Marcus Lambert, “Promoting an Inclusive Scientific Workforce: The PRESS Model for DEI”
- Dr. Ashley Prosper, “Lung Screening: Radiology’s Role in Building Health Equity”
- Dr. Roderic I. Pettigrew, “Engineering Medicine to Improve Health”
- Dr. Bharti Khurana, “Making the Invisible Visible: Transforming the Detection of Intimate Partner Violence”