The Department of Radiology strives to improve the representation of historically underrepresented, underserved, and marginalized groups in medicine. We foster and nurture a culture of inclusive excellence in which all members of our department — irrespective of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, socioeconomic status, ability, religion, national origin, military status, diversity of thought and political ideology — can thrive and succeed. We hold ourselves accountable to this intentional vision by:
- Building an inclusive and integrated community.
- Creating safe and brave spaces that nurture dialogue.
- Denouncing underprivilege and marginalization.
- Valuing the unique perspectives and critical inquiries of each staff member.
- Fostering an environment in which everyone can celebrate their individuality.
- Facilitating ideas and leaders that embrace equity and mutual respect.
- Engaging with diversity across the local, regional, and global landscapes.
- Embracing decolonial, antiracist, feminist, and queer values.
The Department of Radiology commits to creating new standards for inclusive innovation by developing initiatives and supporting leaders that keep in mind the growth of our department and the people who define it. To do so, we look to our institutional and departmental goals as we work to:
- Continually improve on our demographic diversity.
- Promote a genuine sense of belonging for all members of the Cornell community.
- Prepare all constituents for an interconnected diverse world.
- Utilize and leverage the diversity of thought, backgrounds, and identities of our constituents for innovation and scholarly excellence.
Message from the Chair of the Department of Radiology, Dr. Robert J. Min
Message from the Vice Chair in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Dr. Kemi Babagbemi