Stacey Weisman, MD
The Cardiothoracic Imaging fellowship at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital - Weill Cornell Medical College is a one-year program designed to provide comprehensive training in cardiac and thoracic radiology.
The curriculum includes thoracic imaging (radiography, CT, PET-CT, and MRI), cardiovascular imaging (CT and MRI), and thoracic interventions (biopsy and ablation). Conferences within the division include a bi-monthly interesting case conference specifically targeted for the fellow, and a journal club once a month. The fellow will also attend multiple weekly multidisciplinary conferences covering thoracic oncology, interstitial lung disease, pulmonary medicine, hematology/oncology, and infectious disease. Participation in resident education is expected, including daily mentorship and formal lectures. Research opportunities are available.
Cardiothoracic Imaging fellows experience approximately equal time on cardiac and thoracic services. There is a unique opportunity to work with both fellowship-trained cardiologists and radiologists on the cardiac service. Both services share a reading room and enjoy a tight-knit and collegial relationship. As a result, fellows should expect to see all interesting cases on a daily basis and are welcome to contribute to both services regardless of clinical assignment.
Separate from the Cardiothoracic Imaging fellowship, a combined Body and Cardiothoracic Imaging fellowship is also available, with approximately half of the year dedicated to each specialty. The extent of cardiac and thoracic interventions training can be tailored to the specific goals of the fellow. If you are interested in this position, please indicate this on your application.
Joanna Escalon, MD
Francis Girvin, MD
Lauren Groner, DO
James Gruden, MD
Alan Legasto, MD
Sharon Steinberger, MD
Dennis Toy, MD
Stacey Weisman, MD
Jiwon Kim, MD
Quynh Truong, MD
Jonathan Weinsaft, MD
Application process and requirements:
The application process for the 2022-2023 Cardiothoracic Imaging and Combined Body and Cardiothoracic Fellowships start August 1, 2020.
Interested candidates should apply early in the season, as we review applications regularly and on a rolling basis. We will adhere to the SCARD guidelines, with interviews starting November 1, 2020, and all interviews virtual due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
1) Complete the online application: Weill Cornell Body+ Fellowship Program Application, which will require you to upload the following documents:
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Medical School Diploma
- Medical School Transcript
- USMLE Transcript
- New York State License, if available at time of application. (NOTE: Keep in mind you must obtain an unrestricted New York State license prior to starting the fellowship). Requirements for New York State licensure.
- A copy of your ECFMG certificate, if applicable.
- Personal Statement
2) Have a minimum of three letters of recommendation, one of which should be from your program director. Letters should be sent directly to our program coordinator (contact information below), with the subject line, "LOR for [Name of Applicant]”.
3) Send a brief email stating an interest to apply to the program director, Stacey Weisman MD, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information or questions, please contact:
Ms. Michelle Byrne
Education and Residency Programs Coordinator
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
525 East 68th Street, Box 141
New York, NY 10065-4870
Phone: (212) 746-2527