Program Director: Dr. Stacey Weisman, email@example.com
The Cardiothoracic Imaging fellowship at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital - Weill Cornell Medical College is a one-year program designed to provide comprehensive training for one candidate per academic year.
The curriculum includes thoracic imaging (radiography, CT, and MRI), cardiovascular imaging (CT and MRI), and thoracic interventions (biopsy and ablation). If requested, whole body PET-CT and PET-MRI can be arranged. Fellows attend multidisciplinary conferences covering thoracic oncology, interstitial lung disease, and pulmonary medicine. Participation in resident education is expected, and research opportunities are available.
Cardiothoracic Imaging fellows experience approximately equal time on cardiac and thoracic services with the unique opportunity to work with both fellowship-trained cardiologists and radiologists on the cardiac service. The cardiac and thoracic services share a reading room and enjoy a tight-knit and collegial relationship. As a result, fellows should expect to see all interesting cases on a daily basis and are welcome to contribute to both services regardless of clinical assignment.
Joanna Escalon, MD
James Gruden, MD
Jiwon Kim, MD
Alan Legasto, MD
Dennis Toy, MD
Quynh Truong, MD
Jonathan Weinsaft, MD
Stacey Weisman, MD
Application process and requirements:
The application process for the 2020 – 2021 Cardiothoracic Imaging Fellowship Program starts July 1, 2018.
An unrestricted New York State medical license and satisfactory immigration status (if applicable) will be required by the start date of the fellowship. Requirements for New York State licensure can be found at the following website: http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/med/medlic.html
To apply you must submit the required documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the subject line of your email, please specify Cardiothoracic Imaging Fellowship.
- An application accessible through the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/9IcFRDadB3E7pLli2
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation; one of which one should be from your Program Director (NOTE: Please have your letter writers OR your coordinator send the letters of recommendation to the email address indicated above with a subject line of "LOR for - Name of Applicant)
- Medical School Diploma
- Medical School Transcript
- USMLE Transcript
- New York State License, if available at time of application. (NOTE: Keep in mind you must obtain an unrestricted New York State license prior to starting the fellowship)
- A copy of your ECFMG certificate, if applicable.
- Personal Statement
Interested candidates should contact:
Ms. Michelle Byrne
Education and Residency Programs Coordinator
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
525 East 68th Street, Box 141
New York, NY 10065-4870
Phone: (212) 746-2527