Today’s radiology leaders require skills beyond interpretive excellence. Our unique imaging fellowships provide a contemporary, flexible, exciting and well-remunerated experience for fellows in a US News & World Report Honor Roll hospital located on the upper east side of Manhattan.
Each fellowship allows up to one day per week for additional focus on areas of interest to the individual fellow. Areas of focus are highly flexible and may include additional imaging training (i.e. MSK, ED, body interventions), time on non-imaging clinical services (e.g. pertinent surgical or medicine subspecialty practices) or a non-clinical area such as informatics, research, humanities in medicine, or quality improvement initiatives.
Interviews for Body+ Fellowships with a Breast Imaging component starting July 1, 2018 will occur in the Spring of 2017.
Program Director: Dr. Kevin Mennitt, email@example.com
- This fellowship offers training in the growing field of Emergency Imaging. NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center is a level I trauma center with an extremely busy urgent care center and provides emergency services to one of the most densely populated areas of New York City in addition to teleradiology services for affiliated emergency departments. In addition to dedicated training in the emergency imaging division, fellows spend time on sub-specialty services such as neuroradiology, musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, body MRI, and body/thoracic imaging in order to obtain the level of expertise required to practice in the emergency department setting. There is flexibility in the amount of time spent on each of these rotations to fit with the needs and interests of our fellows.
Body Imaging (CT, US, MRI)
Program Director: Dr. Natasha Wehrli, firstname.lastname@example.org
- This fellowship offers advanced training in abdominal imaging with an emphasis on body MRI. Fellows are exposed to vast amount of clinical material in both the inpatient and the ambulatory setting. Multidisciplinary collaboration and exposure to latest state of the art technology provides the opportunity for our fellows to develop expertise in areas including oncological imaging, transplant imaging, urologic imaging, gynecologic imaging, and more. The curriculum includes weekly interesting case conferences and a dedicated fellow's lecture series.
Program Director: Dr. Janine Katzen, email@example.com
NRMP Program Code: 1492R02F0
- This fellowship offers advanced training in breast imaging in our state of the art women's imaging center and hospital based practice. Fellows develop expertise in all modalities (mammography including 3D tomosynthesis, ultrasound, MRI) required to provide the complete spectrum of care including screening, diagnostic imaging, image-guided interventions, and image-guided localizations. Fellows participate in multidisciplinary conferences with breast surgeons, oncologists, and pathologists
Application process and requirements:
An unrestricted New York State medical license and satisfactory immigration status (if applicable) will be required by the start date of the fellowship. Requirements for New York State licensure can be found at the following website: http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/med/medlic.html
To apply for any of the above mentioned fellowships you must submit the required documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the subject line of your email please specify the fellowship you are applying for.
- An application accessible through the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/9IcFRDadB3E7pLli2
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation; one of which one should be from your Program Director (NOTE: Please have your letter writers OR your coordinator send the letters of recommendation to the email address indicated above with a subject line of "LOR for - Name of Applicant)
- Medical School Diploma
- Medical School Transcript
- USMLE Transcript
- New York State License, if available at time of application. (NOTE: Keep in mind you must obtain an unrestricted New York State license prior to starting the fellowship)
- A copy of your ECFMG certificate, if applicable.
- Personal Statement.
Interested candidates should contact:
Erika Soto, Education Coordinator
Phone: (212) 746-2527